Monday, November 15, 2010

refreshed.

I had such an amazing weekend that came at such a wonderful time!  I adore Auburn University... I really do.  It's amazing how things become home to you and leave such lasting impressions on you and you never realize it in the process.  You don't realize how strongly you will love something till you are away from it.  Maybe I'm being overly dramatic and I apologize.  Its just that I spent many a Saturday walking around the tailgating world and many a Saturday I would be overwhelmed by it all and would leave the game early (this was pre-Cam Newtown, let's just say) and I would walk into Taylor's every single day for a chai and I would see orange and blue around me all the time and never think anything of it.  But, returning to Auburn, all of those things were incredibly comforting to me.  The fact that everywhere I turned someone had on an Auburn cap and when I stood in a really cramped Mama G's after the football game, even though we were all exhausted, everybody was so friendly.  And, when the game was in the 4th quarter we all linked arms and sang Lean On Me.  And, maybe it was all overdramatized, but at least you were with 15000 other people who were being overly dramatic (that is a very rough estimate of the size of the student section).  This weekend was great.  Thanks sweet friends for welcoming me back, for making me feel missed.  That's a good feeling, right.  And, I know that I will always joyfully return to Auburn University.  Thanks Dad, for purchasing a student ticket for me, and thanks Ashley for having one available only a couple hours before the game began.  It was a wonderful experience.  What does this have to do with the internship?  Hmmm... not sure.  I will say this though, as I walked around campus, I realized I love the university and I love college students and I wish that I could do university ministry for the rest of my life.  That's kind of up to God and we will see where He leads.... but its true, I love it.  And, I saw clearly the community He developed among my friends and I during my time at Auburn and I am thankful to Him for that.  That in the midst of struggles and loneliness, He was creating something really good.

Now, I'm back at Wake, and I love it, too.  I do.  It's different, and it is slowly making me feel at home.

Here are some visuals.

Sweet, Soph. girl fellowship group (juniors now)
Auburn Alum.... weird
Interns in Auburn
Orange and blue sky... only in Aubs
Interns at Toomer's Corner
VICTORY!!!  MOST fun game EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment