Monday, March 22, 2010

mixed emotions.

last night and this morning i was greeted with lots of friend requests from students at wake forest. they all just look wonderful and i am overjoyed to hopefully have the opportunity to go get to know these people, serve them, listen to them, struggle with them. oh my goodness, that is just so exciting to me!! i could almost get emotional.

i can't say that throughout all of this, i don't have this weight of knowing i still have to raise a very large chunk of money. i am afraid, but i trust that the Lord has brought me this far, and i trust He will take me that much further. He has fulfilled all of His promises to me, therefore, i trust that whether i raise the money or not He will still fulfill His plan because everything is complete in Him already. but, i really, really want to go to wake forest and i can see the puzzle pieces fitting together as to certain things God has called me to and laid on my heart in the past. wake forest is just the right school for the kind of ministry i desire to take part in. it's so perfect. so, please, keep me in your prayers as i begin this really daunting, scary process of raising my year's salary.

one thing that i have been told and keep telling myself, this is not about raising money for kate. that's the part i have a hard time with. i don't know why anyone would simply want to give me money to live on. this is money to advance God's kingdom. this is for His people and not for me. this is for RUF which has touched millions of people's lives. this is for the furtherance of that beautiful ministry. i can't tell you how it has impacted me, and i am beyond grateful the Lord led me to be a part of RUF while at auburn.

thanks for listening and thanks for your prayers. go deacs!

"Blessed is the man
who makes the LORD his trust,
who does not look to the proud,
to those who turn aside to false gods.

Many, O LORD my God,
are the wonders you have done.
The things you planned for us
no one can recount to you;
were I to speak and tell of them,
they would be too many to declare.

Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but my ears you have pierced;
burnt offerings and sin offerings
you did not require.

Then I said, "Here I am, I have come—
it is written about me in the scroll.

I desire to do your will, O my God;
your law is within my heart."

- Psalm 40:4-8

No comments:

Post a Comment