Saturday, March 20, 2010

half way between home and new york.

Lord willing, i am going to Wake Forest!!

funny story. scott and i started to get word from friends at other schools that they were finding out where they were going. i was in florida, scott was in hawaii. so, its not as if we could talk to richard. he will not tell if he can not tell you in person! scott called richard (my campus minister) to find out if he knew our placement and he in fact did. i was on my way home from the beach, so i texted richard and told him i knew he knew and wanted to know. so, as quickly as i possibly could, i got to richard's house. i think he was probably a little taken aback by my eagerness. i walk in to the whole family (wife, 3 precious kids) and he is playing the fight song from wake forest. of course i have no idea and i am completely terrified at this point. i turn to amy, and ask her if i should be scared... she says no. she would be so excited! i ask for more hints. i want him to break it to me easy because i am so nervous. he tells me their colors. he tells me their mascot. he tells me the region. he tells me what the school is known for. everything he can! and i still have no idea. so, then he turns the computer screen towards me, and it's wake forest's website, and i scream.

this morning i received my first text message from the campus minister, kevin teasely. as meggie said, and so it begins.

interesting stuff... distances from Winston-Salem, NC to (according to map quest, which usually estimated longer)...
Scottsboro: 7 hrs; 442 mi.
Auburn: 7 hrs; 427 mi.
Nashville: 7 hrs; 451 mi.
New Orleans (in case this is where Sarah will be, and this is a killer): 12.5 hrs; 788 mi.
New York City: 9.5 hrs; 568.52 mi.
Wilmington, NC (where Dawson's Creek was filmed): 3 hrs, 50 min; 237 mi.

"My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." - Psalm 139: 15-16

"I sought the LORD, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.

Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.

This poor man called, and the LORD heard him;
he saved him out of all his troubles.

The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.

Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."
- Psalm 34

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations Kate! Tyler told me to tell you that it's too bad, because we were going to support you if you had gone too UGA...we were both hoping maybe...but I know you'll love it there! Speaking of which, please add us to your mailing list: 145 Best Drive. Athens, GA 30606.

    ReplyDelete