Sunday, September 26, 2010

"the golden evening brightens in the west"

This weekend we went to Camp Rockmont for fall conference.  I wish I could start by saying something other than it was a wonderful weekend, but I believe that's about all I can say.  I am beyond blessed to be here.  I sat on top of one of the picnic tables on the main deck where we all gathered for meals and to hang out, and I talked with one of my friends who is a senior.  I looked around at probably 2/3 of the 60 people who came with us as the played the game, Signs.  I remarked that I am amazed I have only known these people for a little over a month.  It seems like so much longer.  It feels so comfortable, like home.  It fits.

Ben Milner, the speaker for the weekend, did a 4 part sermon on Creation, the Fall, Redemption, and Consummation.  We have looked a lot at Genesis in freshman Bible study and I am leading a study on Genesis.  None of this was prearranged or planned.  God just seems to really want to point me and others to Genesis.  All of these studies have really helped me put into perspective our purpose here on earth.  It has helped me think more eternally, and encourages me as I continue in this ministry here at Wake.  I hear more and more stories and am blown away that the Lord has led me to be a part of it.  He is such a personal, purposeful God.  

Anyway... here are some pictures from the weekend.  I'm wiped out.  Need. to. go. to. bed. veryyy soon.

Buutt... one more thing:  War Eagle.

Giant, awesome slide. 
Speaker, Ben Milner, pastor of Redeemer 5 PM service.
Our sweet little staff.  Stewart, Kevin, and I.



"The golden evening
brightens in the west;
Soon, soon to faithful
warriors comes their rest;
Sweet is the calm
of paradise the blessed.
Alleluia, Allelu...

But lo! There breaks
a yet more glorious day;
The saints triumphant
rise in bright array;
The King of glory
passes on his way,
Alleluia, Allelu."
- For All the Saints

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading about fall conference, and seeing the photos. I also love the two verses from the hymn, For All the Saints, that you posted at the end. The words are breathtaking. For All the Saints is absolutely one of my favorite hymns.

    Love,
    Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete