Tuesday, September 13, 2011

the Church.

"Cause I haven't come for only you
but for my people to pursue
You can not care for me with no regard for her
If you love me you will love the church

I have long pursued her 
as a harlot and a whore 
but she will feast upon me 
she will drink and thirst no more 

So when you taste my flesh and my blood 
you will know you’re not alone "

- Derek Webb


Girls and I at leadership retreat
I want to boast about my local Church for a bit.  We are going through some changes with our RUF right now.  They have swept in, met with me, asked about me, supported me financially, and loved me as the Church is supposed to care for her people.  I feel undeserving.  Maybe that's the point.  I'm undeserving of God's grace, aren't I?  They have displayed to me the purpose of the Church.
Kevin and I at Back to School party
We have our second large group tonight.  My local pastor will be preaching for us tonight on Psalm 1.  We had our second freshman Bible study yesterday.  Again, 60-70 kids showed up.  Pray that they would be known, that they would not be just another new face or name at Wake Forest.  Pray they would be known by someone in RUF and moreso, by Christ.  
"And I have other sheep that are not of this fold. I must bring them also, and they will listen to my voice. So there will be one flock, one shepherd. For this reason the Father loves me, because I lay down my life that I may take it up again." - John 10:16-17


Off to another day!
Freshmen and sophomores (with me) at Back to School party
1st Annual, much needed I might add, Wake RUF leadership retreat

No comments:

Post a Comment